Each student will work with their supervisors on their chosen research topic as well as completing an interdisciplinary training programme.
- The programme will be based on a hub orientation event followed by two training schools per year focussed on delivering both scientific skills and soft and hard transferrable skills.
- Students will be expected to enrol on complementary courses offered by the respective schools at masters level.
- Students will benefit from placements at cutting-edge facilities in different schools to maximise interdisciplinary collaboration.
- As well as their immediate supervisory team students will have an external supervisor eg from industry and wherever possible benefit from industrial training/secondments to provide engagement with external stakeholders.
- A Career Development Plan will be developed with the supervisory team, tailored to the student’s needs, guiding their training, and setting measurable objectives.
The logistics of the programme are being finalised, but the programme is expected to follow the following format: